This is really simple food (my favourite sort!)
It’s one of those recipes that we have regularly on busy days – a really easy weekday supper that you can just pop in the oven till its done. To cut down on time even more I have tried freezing the ingredients ready to defrost and cook, but the courgettes and tomatoes don’t do well in the freezer. But you can chop and freeze the other ingredients beforehand if you wish, to cut down on prep time.
AND its reasonably priced too, so it made the grade for our week of meals for less than a fiver.
Creamy Pasta with Roast Vegetables
- 1 onion
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 mixed peppers (I used 1 red and 1 yellow)
- 150g bacon
- 4 medium tomatoes
- About 12 fresh basil leaves
- A little oil
- pasta 350g
- crème fraiche – ½ a 200g tub
- cheddar ~150g – grated
- Wash and coarsely chop the onion, courgette, peppers and tomatoes.
- Slice the bacon into strips and place in a roasting tray with the vegetables, and stir in the basil leaves and oil.
- Roast in the oven at 200ºC for about 30 minutes until cooked – stir halfway through, and at that point put the pasta onto cook.
- Serve pasta with vegetables and dollops of creme fraiche and grated cheese