Do you ever have those days when you get home and really don’t want to have to cook supper?
In the ‘Olden Days’ when all I had to worry about was me, I’ld have cracked open a bottle of wine (perhaps not literally…), put my feet up on the sofa and thought about eating something a whole lot later (ahhh – those were the days…). But that’s difficult to do when the kids are hungry and clamouring for food! So it is – of course – best to just knuckle down, ignore the call of the sofa and get on with it – hoping for a peaceful, wine-slurping moment later in the evening!
This recipe is one for just such a night as that – simple, easy and above all quick – it should be on the table in 20 minutes from fridge to table, without alot of stress. Even better – its one of my children’s favourites, so it feels like you’re giving them a treat!
I hope it works for you.
Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta
- 1 x 380g pack of chicken mini-fillets
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, basil) or 2 teasp of dried mixed herbs
- 1 dessertsp olive oil
- 200g pack of soft cheese such as Philadelphia cheese
- 400g pasta
- Put a large pan of water on to boil, and cook the pasta
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry chicken gently over a medium heat with the herbs
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to frying pan with the chicken
- When the chicken is cooked through, cut into small chunks
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and return to the saucepan
- Add a 200g pack of soft cheese to the pasta and stir through the hot pasta until cheese is melting.
- Add the chicken and tomato mixture together with the juices, to the saucepan and stir once again
- Serve at once