What can you cook for supper when your kitchen is covered in dust-sheets and there is sawdust everywhere?
[Finally – having left it FAR too long – we have sanded down our lovely wooden kitchen worktops to re-oil them. So normal kitchen activity has been suspended for a while.]
Well – the answer must be no-cook meals!
This is a really easy and quick no-cook pasta sauce – although when I say ‘no-cook’ you will, of course, need to roll back the dust-sheets to cook the pasta.
No-cook Tomato and Feta Sauce
- 8 really ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 400g pasta such as fusilli
- About 30 minutes before you wish to eat, put the first 6 ingredients into a bowl. Mix together, and season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Then cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water. When ready, drain.
- Pop the pasta back into the pan, mix in the tomato mixture and feta.
- Serve with a green salad.